Check out this award winning collection of books illustrated by California renown artistic Gayle Garner Roski.
- Mystery of the Giant Masks of Sanxingdui
- This unprecedented children’s story reveals the people’s collective sacrifice for peace, and offers a glimpse into the lost civilization of Sanxingdui in China, over 3,000 years ago. In 1986, the epic discovery of the monumental bronzes in Sanxingdui was acknowledged as the ninth wonder of the ancient world.
- Hardcover, 32 pages, ISBN 9780991345489
- Thomas the T. rex (Young Reader’s Edition)
- Nine-year-old Thomas and his cousin Rita embark on a journey to Montana for a fossil hunting and study expedition with the Junior Scientist Club of the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles. Thomas discovers a 66-million-year-old dinosaur nicknamed Thomas?one of the five most complete T. rex skeletons in the world. Through the eyes of Thomas and Rita, young readers learn about the T. rex and how dinosaurs lived, as well as the basics of excavation and the preparation of fossils for their public debut in the Museum’s new Dinosaur Hall, opened in July 2011.
- Hardcover, 40 pages, ages 5-7, English only, ISBN 9780983227847
- Endeavour’s Long Journey
- Space shuttle Endeavour brings its fascinating history to life through a journey to space with a young boy Jojo. Exploring space with the shuttle, Jojo learns about Endeavour’s extraordinary contribution to space science, and its famous service missions including the Hubble Space Telescope. The book also features stunning NASA photos, fun facts, famous firsts and quizzes to inspire kids in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Hardcover, 40 pages, English ISBN 9780985623722